Final Score: Steelers 24-19
Stock down: WR Jordy Nelson
Yikes. Jordy Nelson has reportedly torn his ACL, which is a blow to the Packers. He was Rodgers favorite target, and now him out for the year, receiver’s Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Ty Montgomery and Jeff Janis will need to pick up the slack.
Stock up: Packers running game
The duo of running backs Eddie Lacy and James Starks looked just dominant. Granted the offensive line blocked great, but the running game will probably be even more vital due to Jordy Nelson’s injury.
Stock down: OT Don Barclay
Oh my. Don Barclay looked just horrible, like real horrible. He gave up the only safety, and was being thrown around by second string defensive linemen. SECOND STRING!! David Bakhtiari needs to return, Aaron Rodgers heath depends on it.
Stock up: FB Aaron Ripkowski
This guy is a stud. The 6th round rookie had a pair of special teams tackles and had some good blocks late in the game. With this showing, Aaron Ripkowski will likely make the team.
Stock down: CB Quinten Rollins
After looking excellent against New England, Quinten Rollins looked the oppisite today. He was burned by Steeles rookie WR Sammie Coates for a 52 yard pass and looked lost.
– QB Scott Tolzein looked good, but was injured. QB Brent Hundley was okay, but took a step back.
– RB Rajion Neal looked capable, and will probably be the 3rd running back on the roster.
– WR Jeff Janis flashed but had his share of hiccups.
– TE Richard Rodgers has hands of glue. It’s pretty certain he will be the starter.
– RG T.J Lang was injured, but nothing concerning like Jordy’s.
– DE Datone Jones again looked good…hopefully he can in a actual game.
– OLB Jayrone Elliot continues to dominate.
– CB Damorius Randall looked excellent, grabbing a interception. But of course, was injured due to dehydration.
– CB Ladarius Gunter is a stud. He knocked away two potential touchdown passes. He needs more playing time